ADVENT DAY TWENTY-ONE: To celebrate advent, I’ll be adding new content to this blog every day in the countdown to Christmas; reviews, opinion pieces, short stories… that sort of thing! So make sure you pop back in between shopping, packing presents and nursing a headache.
2011 has been a good year for Doctor Who, with one of the strongest series so far. Ratings have remained at their usual high standard (despite what the papers say), and we finally found out the truth about River Song… possibly.
To celebrate, here are ten questions for the Who fan in us all. It’s just for fun though – no prizes, or whatnot – and the answers will follow in a few days time. And remember to pick up this month’s Doctor Who Magazine for their annual quiz; even I’ll admit it’s sooooo difficult.
- What type of alien was Nephew?
- What’s the name of the orphanage in which Amy and Canton found the Silence and the spacesuit?
- Where did Lorna Bucket come from?
- What buttons were there to choose from at the Two Streams Facility?
- The Minotaur in The God Complex was a distant cousin of what creature from Classic Who?
- Daniel Mays played Alex, George’s dad, in Night Terrors. But who did he play in series three of Ashes to Ashes?
- Closing Time is the sequel to which series 5 episode?
- What natural phenomenon caused the Gangers to gain sentience?
- The Curse of the Black Spot scribe, Steve Thompson, has worked with showrunner, Steven Moffat and fellow writer, Mark Gatiss on which other hit series?
- What was the name of the pyramid which housed the Silence in The Wedding of River Song?
Who directed a new series record of five Doctor Who episodes in a row, from 2010’s The Pandorica Opens to series 6’s Day of the Moon?